Tuesday 6 May 2014

About a Nose

I'm in Sydney right now recovering from a septo-rhinoplasty, i.e., a nose job. It's pretty early in the morning the day after surgery. I woke up about 4 am when the pain killers I took before bed wore off. As a result, I have had some time to reflect on the fact that, maybe for the first time in my life, I have a straight nose with an un-deviated septum. I think my nose may have been naturally deviated to the left from birth but a couple of broken noses from playing football plus one caused by a headbutt only made it's non-straightness worse. Anyway, the kink is gone, at least from my nose, and I am looking forward to being more confident about how I look. In the meantime, check out my bandages.



2 comments:

  1. The kink is gone….at least from my nose! Hehehe. Can't wait to see the finished product! xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waking up because of pain is never a good feeling. Sadly, you had to endure quite a bit of that, because it was unavoidable while you were recovering from your rhinoplasty. I just hope that the pain and discomfort didn't last long, and that you were able to fully recover soon after. How are you now, btw?

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete